Extraction Protocols

Share questions, papers, etc. involving metabolomics research.
David
Angiotensin Member
Angiotensin Member

Extraction Protocols

Postby David » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:14 pm

Hi All,

So, the Metabolomics Forum has been inactive for almost 4 months, and I feel a need to jump-start it...

I will be taking the leap into the great unknown (for me) of metabolomic analysis in the coming months, and was hoping that someone would be able to provide me with some standard protocols for extracting different classes of compounds: "typical" small molecule metabolites, lipids, etc. If we could get a nice listing of protocols similar to what we have for cell lysis/sample prep within the proteomics section, then that would be wonderful!

Thank you all in advance for any help which you might be able to provide me!

Kambiz
Angiotensin Member
Angiotensin Member

Extraction metabolome from semen ....

Postby Kambiz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:08 am

Hi All,
I need your help. I want to begin my experiment with metabolomics of semen. I have look for protocol how easy can obtain metabolome of semen for MS analysis, without success. Can anyone give me a easy protocol?

Here is a link for metabolomic intereste: http://masspec.scripps.edu/research/research.php

Thanks,
Kambiz

Srihari
Proton Member
Proton Member

Postby Srihari » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi David and Kambiz,
It is relatively difficult to obtain a protocol for metabolite extraction when compared to proteins as it is a new budding branch of "omics". I suggest you to read some publications from Feihn lab for some idea.

Return to “Metabolomics”