Hi

Here is the place to stop by and introduce yourself. Tell the community where you are from and what you are interested in.
Hemamalini
Proton Member
Proton Member

Hi

Postby Hemamalini » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:53 pm

It's been a few months since I started with proteomics work. I am excited about the technology and wish to be up-to-date. I am also keen to know about others' experiences of gel-based proteomics.

friday31
Proton Member
Proton Member

Postby friday31 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:32 am

Hello i just join this network. I have been working on comparing different algorithms to identify proteins am using phenyx peaks and omssa search engine. Currently i having difficulty with my omssa results as it does not incorporate my decoy database that was generte with blast software even when the constructed blast results are in the libraries section of the local disk c:/ libraries.

Do you have any idea on how to resolve this issue.

Craig
E. Coli Lysate Member
E. Coli Lysate Member

Postby Craig » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:47 pm

Could you give us some more details? How did you generate your decoy FASTA? How did you convert the FASTA to BLAST format? How did you run OMSSA? What error or unexpected behavior did you get?

friday31 wrote:Hello i just join this network. I have been working on comparing different algorithms to identify proteins am using phenyx peaks and omssa search engine. Currently i having difficulty with my omssa results as it does not incorporate my decoy database that was generte with blast software even when the constructed blast results are in the libraries section of the local disk c:/ libraries.

Do you have any idea on how to resolve this issue.

Return to “Introductions”