The impact II, a very high resolution quadrupole time-of-flight instrument for deep s

Publish a paper recently? Share it here. Or discuss other proteomics-related publications.
m/z
Angiotensin Member
Angiotensin Member

The impact II, a very high resolution quadrupole time-of-flight instrument for deep s

Postby m/z » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:11 am

A new Q-TOF instrument from Bruker was evaluated by M. Mann and co-workers in MCP.

Here is the link:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25991688

It is a very interesting article (although much of the technical information is above my level). But it sounds very impressive. For example, 4,800 proteins identified in 90 minutes - that sounds like what you can get with Orbitrap right?
Also, usually Q-TOFs are fairly cheap. Does anyone know what the price range is for the Impact II?

What about PTMs, MRM and other stuff - can the Impact II also compete with the best Thermo instruments in this regard?
Please share any comments you have.

congriver
Phosphoserine Member
Phosphoserine Member

impact HD and various orbitraps on HELA protein id

Postby congriver » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:28 pm

just to mention with 1ug yeast lysate run in triplicate the Bruker QTOF id'd >3600 yeast and >5200 HELA proteins in 90 mins lc run.

So out of interest I did a lit check up on recent M Mann results reported on the Q exactive in various forms for 1ug hela digest and 90 mins lc/ms runs on 50cm column
Q exactive original model - 4000 proteins id'd on triplicate runs
Q exactive HF model - 5000 proteins id'd on triplicate runs

I then looked at JJ Coon analysing 1ug yeast lysate on the Tribrid Fusion orbi with 30 cm column and 70 min lcmsms(although this is debatable how its reported)
and he gets 4000 yeast protein id'd

so with similar amounts these instruments are very similar for protein id

Return to “Literature”