Comparing distributions in m/z, ret. time and intensity

Search algorithms, post-searching processing, quantitation software, etc. Share and discuss software here.
august
Phosphoserine Member
Phosphoserine Member

Comparing distributions in m/z, ret. time and intensity

Postby august » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:40 pm

feature_distribution_comparison.png

I have some data points in the usual m/z, ret.time and intensity planes for two subjects. Is there any way I can compare
the joint distribuions of these m/z, ret.time and intensity for the two subjects. I wish to know if there are differences between distributions within these two subjects.

Is there any multivariate distribution comparison algorithm for doing this?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Infinity
E. Coli Lysate Member
E. Coli Lysate Member

Postby Infinity » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:51 pm

Do you have an MS/MS scans as well? Then you can use just one of the software solutions for label-free quantification and it will compare intensities of the corresponding peaks between your samples.

Christopher
Angiotensin Member
Angiotensin Member

Postby Christopher » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:39 am

You could possibly use Hardklor for this (http://proteome.gs.washington.edu/software/hardklor/index.html). I have not used it in quite some time, so I don't know how well it would work for this.

tsbatth
Ubiquitin Member
Ubiquitin Member

Postby tsbatth » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:43 am

Seems like you're interested in using accurate mass tags (AMT). If this is for peptide/proteomics samples MaxQuant has a nice feature called match between runs which is basically AMT you can use easily.

Return to “Bioinformatics”